Partner Or Spouse Visas
PARTNER OR SPOUSE VISAS
The main requirements for a partner visa are that:
- The couple are either married or have been living together for two years, or
- Intend to marry within six months of arrival in the UK, and
- The applicant meets an English language requirement
- The sponsor can meet a financial requirement in terms of earnings of at least £18600 per annum or £62500 in savings
- They have suitable accommodation arranged
Generally the earnings requirement is met by showing 12 months of payslips and bank statements. However, the evidence can be quite complicated if the sponsor is self-employed, or returning to the UK to take up a job.
The visa will initially be granted for 2 ½ years with settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) after 5 years.